The KIIS FM reporter involved in an alleged altercation with Hollywood star Jacob Elordi has said he did not go to the police over the incident, contrary to previous reports.
Josh Fox, a digital producer for the Kyle and Jackie O Show, explained on the radio show on Monday that it was he who was contacted by a Maroubra policeman, saying they had seized CCTV footage.
According to The Sunday Telegraph, the Saltburn actor was socialising with friends at the Clovelly Hotel on Saturday, before he was approached by Josh and an argument allegedly ensured.
Stream the world’s best reality, entertainment and true crime shows for free on 7Bravo on 7plus >>
WATCH THE VIDEO ABOVE: Entertainment reporter Peter Ford speaks about alleged Jacob Elordi altercation in Sydney.
In audio played on the show, the exchange could be heard between Fox and Elordi.
Fox asked the actor to fill a Tupperware container with “bathwater”, a raunchy reference to a scene in his hit film, Saltburn.
Entertainment reporter Peter Ford appeared on Sunrise on Monday, speaking about the alleged altercation between Jacob Elordi and reporter Josh Fox at the weekend. Credit: Seven
“Excuse me, Jacob. I just want to say hi, I’m from the Kyle and Jackie O Show,” Josh can be heard saying.
“Oh, well done man!” Jacob appears to reply.
“Can I give you this? Jackie (radio identity Jackie O) wants a birthday present!” Josh shoots back.
Jacob then reads out “Jacob Elordi’s bath water,” before he apparently says, “What am I supposed to do with this?”
“You want me to put (my) bath water in it?” he asks.
“Yep — for Jackie O,” Josh says.
“Are you filming? — can you not (film) man?” Jacob then says.
Josh replies “no worries” and has confirmed he stopped filming.
Appearing on The Kyle and Jackie O Show on Monday, Josh said it was the Maroubra police who contacted him, saying they had CCTV footage from the pub.
“Once everyone was talking about it, and the media were involved, the main detective from I think Maroubra, he was phoning me saying we have already seized the CCTV,” Fox said.
Josh claimed he was told it was taken in case he wished to make a statement.
“(It was taken) in case I wish to make a statement at a later date. He said given that it’s high profile, it is going to get a lot of attention, we want to be ready if you do wish to make a statement.”
Appearing on Sunrise on Monday, entertainment editor Peter Ford gave an update on the headline-making incident.
“The situation was a Saturday afternoon, a totally private situation (for Elordi), at a pub with some friends when he was approached by a digital producer of Kyle and Jackie O,” he said.
“(The reporter Josh) was there on assignment — (this) wasn’t just a chance meeting — (and) when you send someone out like Joshua, they know they have to come back with something.”
Peter said Josh did introduce himself, but had allegedly started recording without asking Elordi for consent, adding: “Jacob was clearly upset that the filming had already commenced.”
Peter said hypothetically, any potential charges could have implications for Elordi’s Hollywood career, particularly with his US working visa.
“This could have massive implications in terms of his working visa,” he said.
“Jacob is at the moment the most talked about hot, young star in the world, so he can’t afford to have anything go wrong,” he added.
Elordi has just appeared in the hit film Saltburn, as well as the HBO series Euphoria.
It comes just months after the Australian movie star battled rumours he had split with his girlfriend, YouTube star Olivia Jade Giannulli.
The actor recently hosted the iconic American TV sketch show, Saturday Night Live.